We are so happy to have Mike Staff Productions here today with a guest blog post. They are sharing their best tips for your wedding dress photos. Once you purchase your dress at The Wedding Shoppe, you will want the best pictures possible of it on your big day. Follow these tips to make sure your dress shines as much as you do!
Your wedding day has finally arrived! Make-up is done, hair is pinned, mimosas are gone… what’s next? You finally get to wear the dress you’ve been dreaming about. But before you get dressed, your photographer will want to snap some pictures of your dress on its own. Your wedding dress is one of the most memorable details of your wedding day. You will want some photos that make your dress the star of the image. We’ve gathered some tips from professional wedding photographers to make sure you and your wedding dress are camera-ready all day long!
The space that you get ready in makes all the difference for your pre-ceremony dress photos. If your venue has large windows with lots of natural light, you can be sure that your dress photos will be magical. You can also utilize barn doors, a chandelier, a grand staircase, or any other unique features that your pre-ceremony space has.
You can also enhance the photos with additional details like personalized hangers, laying out your jewelry, or pairing your heels with your gown. The dress is not the only focus though! Photographers love to capture the bride’s giddy expression just moments before she puts on her dress.
Know every detail about your dress before your wedding day! At the Wedding Shoppe, we will let you know all of the details regarding the fabrics used. Choosing a dress with wrinkle-resistant fabrics may make your wedding morning a little less hectic. While knowing if your dress can be steamed or ironed means you can be prepared with a mini iron if any wrinkles form.
Bonus tip: Be sure to ask one of our dress consultants the proper way of getting into the dress. Some dresses are better to step into, while others slide down easier.
Your wedding dress is definitely one of the costliest purchases of your wedding day. That is why it is best to use caution so it stays picture-perfect all day, and for years to come. A bridal emergency kit is a great way to pack everything you need and have it with you on your big day.
- Carry a bleach pen in case of emergencies. Again, be sure to ask our consultants to make sure the color is safe.
- Use deodorant and antiperspirant to keep you and your dress fresh – especially important for warm days.
- Keep your dress protected in a garment bag whenever possible.
- Ask your florist to recommend flowers that won’t stain dresses or remove any pieces that might.
- Do your makeup before getting into the dress. Carry a drape cloth, towel, or button-up shirt to protect your dress during touchups.
- Sip clear or light-colored drinks – save the red wine for another day.
- Assume that all doorways, benches, and other surfaces have dirt on them. Use caution as you move throughout the day.
- Purchase a few yards of similar fabric if you love the look of seated pictures but want to avoid a mess.
Most importantly, realize that your dress may get a few spots on it. Don’t let that ruin your wedding day! Your day is about marrying your best friend, everything else is just the icing on the cake. Enjoy your time with your new spouse, your family, and friends.