Oh em geeeeee, your wedding is almost here!
Alterations are an integral part of the wedding process. You have the perfect dress, now it’s time to get the perfect fit.
We have an amazingly talented team of Alterations Specialist that only work on wedding dresses from TWS. Finding these Seamstress Extraordinaires is NO EASY TASK. We vet our Alterations Specialists on their skill and their personality. We want the same service you’ve come to expect from TWS to carry through to the alterations process.
What you need to know…
- Begin 3 Months before the wedding: When possible – we love to begin alterations no less than 3 months from your wedding date. This is to ensure an easy, stress free experience for you.
- Bring your undergarments: Your undergarments are needed for your very first fitting. We recommend a bustier for anyone a C cup or higher. Without proper undergarments the weight of the bust can cause the bodice of your beautiful wedding dress to buckle and bend throughout the day. The structure of the gown is also not enough to provide “lift”. We want you to look and feel your best on your wedding day. The proper undergarments are key to achieving this!
- Bring your shoes: Your shoes are needed for all your appointments. Shoes are necessary to hem and bustle your dress properly. Shoes also change your body posture which in turn effects how the dress fits.
- Available appointments: Our evening/weekend appointments book up very quickly. We appreciate your flexibility, sometimes weekday appointments are all that’s available.
- There may be several fittings: The process may take 2 fitting appointments or 4 or 6 or more. We can’t say for sure how many appointments that may be. It really depends on how much custom work is being done to your dress. But we can say for sure is we don’t stop altering your wedding dress until you are happy with the fit.
- Payment: Our brides pay for their alterations at the first fitting. This way you know upfront how much you are paying for the work that’s being performed. It’s also a relief, as the wedding approaches, to know it’s all taken care of.
Don't be shy. Get in touch.
We are so excited to help you find your wedding dress, make an appointment and let’s get started.