A daughter’s wedding day can be a bittersweet occasion for the father of the bride. Incorporating special quotes into your father of the bride speech is a great way to portray your lifetime of love, while also including some humor as well. Here are just a few of our favorite quotes to include in your wedding speech or toast on the big day.
- “There are two lasting bequests we can give our children. One is roots. The other is wings.” –Goethe
- “A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.” –Mignon McLaughlin
- “Never go to bed on an argument. Stay up and fight.” –Phyllis Diller
- “Parents rarely let go of their children, so children let go of them…It is not until much later…that children understand; their stories, and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones, beneath the waters of their lives.” –Mitch Albom
- “People are weird. When we find someone with weirdness that is compatible with ours, we team up and call it love.” –Dr. Seuss
- “To my new son-in-law, I’ll give you a useful piece of advice, forget your wedding anniversary once and you’ll remember it for the rest of your life!”
- ‘’Now, remember! As far as anyone knows, we’re a nice, normal family.’’ –Homer Simpson
- “I love being married, I do. It’s so great to find that one special person that you want to annoy for the rest of your life.” – Rita Rudner
- “The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or touched, they are felt with the heart.” –Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “Here’s to the past, for all that you’ve learnt. Here’s to the present, for all that you share. Here’s to the future, for all that you’ve got to look forward to.”
- “Seeing your daughter looking so happy and radiant is a truly amazing experience, but it is tinged with a little sadness because it’s also the moment you realise she’s all grown up.”
- “I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.” –Nicolas Sparks
Still haven’t found the perfect location for your wedding? Check out some of these popular wedding reception venues in Michigan!